Friday, June 19, 2009

A few things of note…

Hideeho friends,

Just a few things of note…

•The Carnival of Education has been in full swing over at my friend Loonyhiker Pat’s Successful Teaching blog. I don’t have a post over there since my last post wasn’t education related, but you can read it here. But you really need to hop on over there, so you’ll know what’s going on in the EduSphere.

•Although I’m back from my beach vacation, I am headed out again on a girls’ trip for an almost week in the sun in celebration of two milestones––my eldest daughter’s graduation from Texas Tech and my youngest daughter’s graduation from high school and soon-to-be freshman in college.

•Because of all of that, I don’t plan on posting an education related entry unless, of course, I finish washing the South Padre sand out of our clothes, finish my errands and get everything repacked. The last time I opened the laundry room door and looked at my errand list, well, let’s just say, fat chance of any postings.

However, I did post a rather amusing entry called, “Goldilocks and the Shade Hijackers: My Beach Vacation” for BC magazine. That should keep you occupied while I am gone. You can read about it here. In fact, I would be ever so thrilled if you would go there, read it and even post a comment.

3 comments:

Melissa B. said...

Congrats on the milestones! I have a college grad, too. And in these iffy economic times, I'm pretty relieved that she has law school plans. If you're taking a break from sand & surf, Sx3 is underway at my place, and it's running thru Monday, with a gift card attached!

Character Education said...

At least you are posting after washing the ....: Thanks for the Carnival Blog link :)

Melissa B. said...

BTW, my youngest just launched a photo blog, and I'm shamelessly trolling for traffic. Please visit my site to see what she's got going, and pay her a visit!