Sunday, May 2, 2010

Weekends, TAKS Testing & Multi-Tasking

Woo-hoo! The weekend arrived and I actually was able to spend it at home pondering where to plant the crepe myrtles and the Windmill palm trees. 

I thought I could spend the entire weekend contemplating those type of things, but just mere moments ago, I received an email summoning me to a workshop meeting tomorrow. No rest for the weary or wicked, no siree, Missy.

I don't have much to report because last week was TAKS testing––you know, those state mandated tests that…

Perhaps, we should just leave it at that. Suffice it to say that in schools all across the Lone Star state not much got accomplished other than testing. 

At least at my school, we’re big multi-taskers. Not only did we accomplish all the TAKS testing for all the appropriate grade levels, we also managed to toss in a few assemblies for seniors, another for freshmen as well as some state mandated fitness testing. As an added bonus, teachers were allowed to wear blue jeans all week, and I even got to use my chicken to direct hallway traffic.

And as if all of that wasn’t enough, we even tossed in a fire drill at the end of school on Friday.

Ya gotta love this job.



1 comment:

chrisyogas said...

Any job where you can use your chicken can't be half bad.